Keeping Current: Stay Up to Date with the Latest Biomedical Research
Researchers today confront an enormous and seemingly overwhelming flood of scientific literature, blogs, podcasts, and more. Fortunately, there are some excellent tools that can help you filter and organize the information that best matches your areas of interest. This workshop will provide a close look at:
- Powerful biology/medicine article recommendation databases (F1000/Faculty of 1000)
- Citation trackers and article level metric tools (via Scopus, PLOS, and ImpactStory)
- Customized literature database auto-alerts (PubMed’s MY NCBI)
- Podcast organizers for mobile devices (InstaCast and BeyondPod)
- Journal reading apps (Read by QxMD)
- Electronic tables of contents
- Selected social media tools (Twitter and Symplur)
Please note: This class will be held via Zoom. The instructor will send the Zoom link 24 hours before the session.
In support of improving patient care, Stanford Medicine is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
American Medical Association (AMA)
Stanford Medicine designates this live activity for a maximum of 1.25 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditsTM. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- Tuesday, June 14, 2022
- 2:00pm - 3:15pm
- Chris Stave