Bioinformatics Office Hours
The Lane Library Bioinformatics Office Hours are a resource for Stanford medical students and researchers to get help using bash, R, Python, Git, or Sherlock (Stanford’s research computing cluster) for academic purposes. Library personnel with bioinformatics backgrounds will be available every week to assist with a range of issues.
In light of present circumstances, office hours will be held virtually Zoom from 1:00 to 2:00 PST every Wednesday. To make an appointment, please use the form below. You can also drop-in and sign in using your Stanford credentials.
Drop-in! - You will need to sign in using your Stanford credentials and will automatically be taken to Zoom's waiting room.
We are happy to assist you by:
- Recommending tools to accomplish specific tasks
- Providing information and resources about tools that you are unfamiliar with
- Walking through specific and isolated bugs in your code (we won’t debug your whole program)
- Providing suggestions for improving your code
While we are excited to help you, we will NOT:
- Answer questions about topics outside the scope of applying bash, R, Python, Git, or Sherlock for academic/research purposes
- Teach you how to program or use applications/tools (like RStudio)
- Consult on which statistics or machine learning models to apply to your data
- Debug large amounts of broken code
Related Guide: Bioinformatics Office Hours by John Borghi
- Wednesday, June 16, 2021
- 1:00pm - 2:00pm