Research Impact Series: Understanding Research Metrics
The Research Impact Series is a series of workshops that focus on the use of research metrics in the sciences to measure the impact of individuals, scholarly articles, and academic journals. In “Understanding Research Metrics,” you will be introduced to the landscape of research metrics and its uses in measuring and quantifying research outputs and individual scholars. This class will cover the use of research metrics in formal and informal evaluations, differentiation of research metrics for varying research outputs, how to locate research metrics using Lane’s resources, and responsible use of research metrics for your impact goals.
- Distinguish between author, article, and journal metrics used to evaluate research impact
- Articulate the benefits and drawbacks of research metrics
- Learn best practices and responsible use of research metrics
- Gain hands-on practice using some of the research metric tools available at Lane Medical Library
Approved for AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™ by the Stanford University School of Medicine
Please note: This class will be held via Zoom. The instructor will send the Zoom link 24 hours before the session.
- Wednesday, February 24, 2021
- 12:00pm - 1:00pm
- Lily Ren